Friday, October 19, 2007

QUICK TAKE: "The New Market Wizards" by Jack D. Schwager


[I've been busy reading lately but haven't found time to write my normal synopsis when finished. 4 books actually. So next few "reviews" will just be quick snapshots.]

The New Market Wizards: Conversations With America's Top Traders
by Jack D. Schwager

http://www.amazon.com/New-Market-Wizards-Conversations-Marketplace/dp/0471132365/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-4990314-6451238?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192850253&sr=1-1

The 1990s follow-up to Schwager's original "Market Wizards" written in the 80s (and reviewed by me here). Excellent like the first, good sampling of successful traders with lots of different styles, but like the first you get constant reminders of the basics required to successfully trade - control risk, control emotions, have a system you have tested and believe in, etc. I recommend it just as much as the first one to anyone who aspires to be a trader of any sort or who simply wants to understand what makes them tick. In fact, I believe the more I read books like this and try to apply the principles in my own trading and outside-of-trading life, that the traits that make a truly good trader are more or less the same that make a good person. Which may sound odd given the money-grubbing reputation of traders, but read the book and I think you'll see what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home